Good stuff: Ergotron LX Series monitor stands


I've been using Ergotron LX series monitor stands for almost 10 years and they are definitely things that hold their value. I'm talking about the older models that look a bit like they've been used in Alien spaceships. The older models are sleek pieces of aluminum but the new models look a little bit too functional and dull. 


All pieces connect with 35mm diameter pivot point. Normally there are only two pieces but you can add a third extension. The last piece in this stand has also ability to move up&down.

Just remember your monitor cannot weight more than 9kg with three pieces. That's the reason all my monitors weight only 8kg max. That one is 34" Samsung C34F791 weighting 6.1kg without it's original stand. It has a very nice design and very ugly VESA adapter. I made myself a side table for the sofa and it has 35mm 1m long aluminum pole with 2mm thick walls as a center pole for Ergotron. I seems to be enough. The original pole also had 2mm thick walls and I bought the pole from a marine shop so it should be quality aluminum.

The old Alien-like design:


The new "IBM" design:





This has also three pieces and the monitor is 34" LG 34UM95-P. It's not yet wired but you can see the pieces fold nicely.


This one is a Samsung monitor-like TV by the pool. I first bought the simple one piece stand but then remembered I had some leftover pieces and added one extension ( because they all have the same 35mm diameter pivot point ). The piece closer to TV has the new design.

The pieces have 10 year warranty but I'm quite certain they last forever.

Comments