Using foldable Oru kayak with Airwheel


Using foldable Oru kayak with Airwheel electric unicycle allows me quickly get to to the water and back.


Going to water takes about 25 minutes and getting back 20 minutes. Assembling Oru takes about 10-15 minutes and it's getting easier every day.


My Oru is the original Bay version, not the new Bay+. I have waterproof bag to put Airwheel in so I does not get any water. There's always some water in kayaks. If the kayak turns over, I'm quite certain I will lose the kayak and Airwheel. I have Oru float bags but they will not keep water-filled Oru(12kg) and Airwheel(10kg) floating.

Oru feels a little slower than "normal" kayaks, but I can get about 7km/h speed that is about the same I get with other kayaks.


Because it does not have a rudder, it has to be controlled with paddle and especially if there is some wind and waves. The bow and stern have a neoprene "skin" and it does not feel to slice the water as smoothly as other kayaks. But 7km/h is still a good speed for me. It's now so easy to just to get that 1-1½ hour exercise without loosing so much time to transitions. More with less.

Comments